Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm Moving On!


So I'm sitting at my computer figuring out how to start this blog thing while babysitting my baby nephew Aiden...he's just snoozing away after 2 diaper changes and 2 feedings...what a life! I'm wishing I could take a little nap as well, but instead I think I'll grab a cup of coffee and keep on truckin'!


So what's going on with me? Well,today I began moving out of my gallery space I've been in for the past 5 years...It was at the Arts Factory in Las Vegas and it's been a great place for me to grow as an artist and get a lot of good exposure, especially during the First Friday events where all the galleries are open and it's usually guaranteed that lots of people will come to check it out...so it's a pretty good deal, but after 5 years of First Fridays I am ready to move on! I had been feeling a little antsy knowing there's so much more I want to do and there are big plans for the next couple of years, but I felt I needed to let go of what was keeping me uncomfortably comfortable first...if that makes sense at all...and after lots of soul searching and prayer I knew it was time for me take take a leap of faith and let the gallery go! It wasn't an easy decision to make, but I know in my gut it was what I needed to do...
so my last First Friday was this past Friday and it really went great...lots of friends, family, collectors, and fans came out to wish me well on my new journey and lots of good sales resulted as well, but it's time to actually move out of my comfortable little space in the world to find new ones and new opportunities!
...so today,one by one my friend Joe and I took my paintings off the walls and loaded them into my Bronco...and that's it...the end of one thing; the beginning of another! For now I feel excited and scared like I jumped out of a plane still waiting to touch solid ground...knowing that you can't free fall forever and new ground will come sooner rather than later....I just pray for a safe landing! LOL!

New blog on my landing to come soon :-)
For more information on me or my upcoming events visit my website at http://www.jennifermaingallery.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratz! Jenn Jenn!
You are the best artist and wife in the world. Everyone is very proud of you, especially me. Your website looks great, all of those long days working on it has really paid off. Many people may not know that you built that site form scratch. I think your painting "step of faith" says it best about your current situation. You once told me, eventhough you cannot see the entire staircase you can see the first step and you must take it. I love you! I'm with you all the way kid! Congradulations!